HitD, Episode 4: More Interesting Roam Features
In this video, I cover a few more interesting features of Roam Research that I find helpful for my note-taking. I particularly recommend considering attributes for your page metadata templates – I learned the hard way that I should’ve used them from the beginning. You’ll learn how to create attributes, and how you can use them in queries and attribute tables, as well as some new keyboard shortcuts, how I use emojis, and more!
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:26 Adding new pages over time
- 03:04 Zooming in on blocks to de-clutter
- 04:17 Using block references to refer to subsections
- 06:01 Using the sidebar
- 07:20 Media embeds
- 09:31 Using emojis in page names
- 11:14 Attributes for metadata
- 14:39 Queries with attributes
My past videos on Roam:
- Hacking in the Dark, Episode 3: New Roam Features!
- Live Stream: Taking Notes in Roam Research
- Hacking in the Dark, Episode 2: #RoamCult
Let me know in the comments or on Twitter if you have any questions, or if there are any other features or use cases you’d like me to cover in future videos. Feel free to ping me with any use cases or workflows that you’ve adopted that you find particularly productivity-enhancing. I think I’ve just about exhausted my tips and tricks for using Roam, so let me know if there are any other topics I could cover in this series.